Become a business member
The South West Coast Path attracts over 9 million visitors every year, who spend more than £500m with local businesses like yours. They're all looking for places to stay, eat and drink and take part in local experiences along the way. It's a lucrative, ever growing, all year round market which is made up of walkers, outdoor enthusiasts, over 55s, international visitors, families and friends - and it's on the increase.
Our Business Membership isn't like other marketing packages on offer. We promote your business to millions of highly-targetted customers as part of the great South West Coast Path experience. You become affiliated with the nation's longest and most loved National Trail - and the best part? The fee you pay contributes to our charity work on the ground, improving the Path and its signage for you and your customers, as well as enabling us to carry out important outreach work in the community.
- Profile your business to our 1.4 million website visitors, including a direct link to your website
- Link your advert to every walk searched within a 5 mile radius of your business
- List your business in our annual best-selling Complete Guide to The South West Coast Path (circulation 20,000)
- Start engaging with our growing social media following of 50,000+ followers
- Offer incentives and offers direct to our 7,500 individual supporters
- Access free and reduced cost promotional materials for marketing, including guides, itinerary ideas, bespoke mapboards and walk leaflets
- Gain access our member-only photo-library of high-res beautiful imagery of the South West Coast Path images to use in your marketing materials and on your website
- Display our business supporter logo and window sticker, to let your customers know you help to look after the Path they love
- Engage your staff and customer in fundraising activities and/or events to promote your business as part of the Path
- Become part of a Business Community with experience of welcoming South West Coast Path visitors, including regular e-news updates and signposting to business support and friendly networking
We are working together with our Business Community to promote this amazing region, the 630 mile Trail that surrounds it and protect the places we love now and for future generations. We even have the stamp of approval from hotel guru, businesswoman, and TV personality Alex Polizzi who recommends our membership to all business owners along the Path. Alex’s favourite stretch of coast is the Roseland Peninsula in south Corwall where her mother Olga runs the Hotel Tresanton. We asked Alex what this part of coastline means to her:
"It’s familiarity for me – I find as I get older it’s immensely reassuring and nice to walk in any season in any weather. I love the views and the familiar landmarks and it’s just a nice walk to do. “I love St Mawes. It’s by the sea obviously and it’s quite dramatic. I first went there when I was 15 but I spent a couple of years living there in my 20s when I helped to open the hotel. “It’s so important and it’s becoming more important for people in modern society to be able to enjoy special landscapes. Being able to enjoy something like this for free is a real equaliser”.
We're experts on what walkers want
We've been helping walkers explore the South West Coast Path for over 40 years so we know exactly what they want and what you need to do to attract them. And we get great feedback from our current members about how the membership works for them. One of our award-winning members is The Cricket Inn in Beesands, south Devon located just a stones throw from the Path (literally!) They said:
"Being a member is a great way of generating business for both the food & drink and accommodation side of our business, whilst also supporting the Path. We'd definitely recommend it to other businesses on the Path."
Pricing is based on the turnover of a business, so that we can offer it at an affordable price to both small and large businesses:
- £68.50 Small business (turnover £0-25k pa)
- £198 Medium business (turnover £26-85k pa)
- £330 Large business (turnover over £85k pa)
Give us a call on 01752 896237 to discuss discounts for multiple listings or dual membership for both our Stay and Eat and Drink listings.
Call us on 01752 896237 or email [email protected] and we will find the best membership for you.