Become a member
The South West Coast Path Association is a charity that has been looking after the Coast Path for over 45 years.
We were instrumental in establishing the South West Coast Path National Trail (SWCP) in 1978 and have been protecting and improving it ever since. Our work is only possible thanks to the support of our members who stand with us as guardians of this incredible Path, which brings health-giving happiness to millions of people every year.
Choose your membership
As a member, you’ll hear from us regularly about how we are championing the Trail. In our member magazine Trailblazing you’ll find out where we’re making improvements, read life-changing stories from around the Path and get the latest news on how we’re making a difference thanks to your support. In monthly e-newsletters we’ll tell you about our favourite walks, new routes and share inspirational stories from the whole SWCP community.
- £10 of your membership fees go directly to caring for the SWCP
Guidebook worth £14.00 full or ideas and advice to help plan a visit and Complete the Path.
- Magazine twice a year, packed with inspiration, interviews and news
- Exclusive member discounts at major outdoor retailers
If you're a business find out more about how membership could help your business and support the Trail it depends on here.
How you will help
- It gives us a strong voice to speak about the importance of the Path on your behalf
- It costs at least £1,000 per year for every mile of this glorious Path to be kept open, safe and clearly signed
- Consistent funding from our membership helps us to match other funds from partners like the National Trust and local authorities that we need for improvement projects
- Funding from membership has helped to partly fund hundreds of small projects to improve or repair the Coast Path, find out more here.
We also offer gift membership which includes your personalised message and a gift box.